The Marina is located at: 18°25.50N 69°36.67W on the south shore of the Dominican Republic (Island of Hispaniola). The harbor is referred to as San Andreas (old harbor) or Caucedo (new harbor). Coming in you will pass the new harbor (mega port) and leave it to port. As you turn to starboard at the end of the channel entering, you will leave the old harbor also to port. Favoring your port side, you will then leave the private club Nautico to port, and ahead you will see the Marina. The bottom is mostly sand and mud and the controlling depth is 10 feet, (when the wind is out of the NE, the depth will be less by about one foot. And if you arrive at low tide, allow for another foot.) Vessels drawing more than 7’ should contact the Marina before entry for assistance. CALL ON VHF CHANNEL 6
View Marina Zar-Par in a larger map
- Within easy reach of Santo Domingo – only 12 miles to the west.
- The international airport, Las Americas, is just 7 miles to the west and has daily flights to most countries.
- The Marina has 150 well designed new slips. All slips have fingers and ample cleats to secure. The slips also have water (free) and electric (30/50 and 100 amps).
- WiFi is free at the Marina, or if you don’t have a laptop the internet can be utilized through a computer in the front office set aside for your use.
- The Marina boasts a lovely RESTAURANT overlooking the water on a beautiful wooden deck, offering good and reasonably priced food. If you need a packed lunch (breakfast or dinner), the restaurant will be happy to provide a delicious meal tailored to your requirements.
- There is a full Laundromat in the CAPTAINS BUILDING, which has 3 washing machines and 2 dryers, all large capacity commercial grade. Tokens for the use of the machines are available at the front office.
- Above the Laundromat is IMMIGRATION as well as the CAPTAINS CLUB. The club has Cable TV and offers wonderful views of the bay.
Marina Zar-Par offers courtesy rides to the airport for dropoffs. On request the Marina will also drop off and pick up those that want to grocery shop in Boca Chica, the large tourist town just to the east of the Marina. The town has banks, as well as a number of grocery stores.
24 hour security keeps the Marina private and safe. The Marina is well illuminated at night as well.
Phone number for the Marina is 809 523 5858
CALL THE MARINA ON VHF CHANNEL 6